help me to find a FPGA dev board for getting started suggest me a cheap and best dev board?
saheen_palayi last edited by
i'm new to the FPGA world ,looking for a fpga dev board to getting started ,I hope u guys will help me to find out ,thanks
salmanfaris last edited by salmanfaris
Hi @saheen_palayi , It depends on what exactly you want to do with the FPGA kit. and don't have much experience with FPGA, but I can help you Lattice iCEstick Evaluation Kit to get started.
Lattice iCEstick Evaluation Kit
It's available at fablab Kochi and Trivandrum if you want to try it out without buying.
The iCEstick Evaluation Kit includes:
• iCEstick Evaluation Board – features the following on-board components
– High-performance, low-power iCE40HX1K FPGA
– FTDI 2232H USB device allows iCE device programming and UART interface to a PC
– Vishay TFDU4101 IrDA transceiver
– Five user LEDs
– 2 x 6 position Diligent PmodTM compatible connector enables many other peripheral connections
– Discera 12Mhz MEMS oscillator
– Micron 32Mbit N25Q32 SPI flash
– Supported by Lattice iCEcube2 design software
– USB connector provides the power supply
– 16 LVCMOS/LVTTL (3.3V) digital I/O connections on 0.1” through-hole connections
• Pre-loaded demo design – the kit includes the pre-loaded demo design that flashes the on-board LEDs in a
• USB connector – provides communication and debug port via a USB-to-RS-232 physical channel and programming interface to the PC.
Recently, I got a chance to work work the SeeedStudio T1000 tracker and I made a tracker and data logger with it. It comes with a LoRa module to transmit the data and has an inbuilt temperature and light sensor. The device is very easy to set up and get-started and I can say the experience of switching from different LoRa network servers is very pleasant and straightforward, same for the integration. I chose Ubidots to visualise the data captured.
I also like the mobile application very much, it’s so easy to pair and change the tracker configuration on the go. I love it.
I will experiment more and share my insights here. let me know if you want to know any specific details about the SenseCAP T1000.
It’s live on Kickstarter and you can pledge for $29 for single T1000 tracker, you will get 1 piece T1000 with 3 months of free trial service on the SenseCAP platform. Take a look : https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/seeed/sensecap-t1000-track-what-you-care-with-no-boundaries
@dipu_varghese Hi, How does it go? Would like to know about the updates or anything I can do to help you.
@zainmuhammed Oh that's cool. Let me also take a look at the stability analysis of a drone and get back to you.
@salmanfaris I'm building a payload-releasing drone under 2kg (micro class). and the entire structure builds using carbon fiber and ABS plastic.
@zainmuhammed Curious to know, What kind of drone are you building and what kind of material are you using?