[Solved] Why STM Microcontroller are Popular?

• Why STM microcontrollers are getting more popular these days? the best material to start with STM?

• @0pencircuit The answer to your question brings in many parameters to be discussed. No product can become a hit in the market just like that. It involves lot of technical support and some of the best marketing strategies for a product to become popular. But, as we discuss more about technical stuff in here I would give some brief specifications of STM32 why it became a hit in market for learning embedded systems.

1. Board is designed in such a way that it can be interfaced very easily with Arduino IDE and through it's HAL's like STM32 Cube.

2. Excellent community support for STM32.

3. If you observe the size of STM32 chip it's really pretty small which enables it's usage for designing really small and qualitative commercial grade products.

It is super easy to learn and doesn't involves hard macro forms( to be simple "Syntax"). The best way to learn this board is to download this course. As far as I researched this course has given me good path to learn STM32. They teach you all the concepts very carefully. Download the course from this Torrent Link

• Hi @0pencircuit ,

Actually the STM (STMicroelectronics) is the company name who makes the STM32 is a family of 32-bit Microcontroller based on ARM architecture and it comes in a wide variety of models and the selection depends on your applications.

en.stm32_cl1734.png
    Source : st.com

• @kowshik1729 thanks bro

Recent Posts

• @FlorianB said in ESP32 with a capacitive sensor:

I haven't found a good sensor module for this at al

One of my friend used TP223 Touch button module from Ali express, and it's worked fine also @Akhil also used on of module.

another option is that you can build capacitive sensor your own with resistors.

read more
  • A

IMG-20200603-WA0050.jpg

"Energy is liberated matter, matter is energy maintained" ~ Bill Bryson

Have you ever wondered what the future of energy would be like? Especially since machine learning has opened up such a wide range of innovations and opportunities?

Care to take a look at the answers?

The RSET IEEE Power and Energy Society SBC proudly presents to you an informative webinar on "Machine Learning in Power Systems" hosted by Dr. Qiuhua Huang.

Dr. Qiuhua Huang is currently a Senior Power System Research Engineer with the Electricity Infrastructure Group, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, USA. He has been a Principal Investigator, Project Manager, Task Lead and Key Technical Contributor in 10+ DOE-funded projects. Besides these, he is also the recipient of the 2019 IEEE PES Prize Paper Award, 2018 R&D 100 Award and several other achievements in his field of expertise.

Join us as we delve into the enigma that is Machine Learning.

Registration open to all.

Date: 7th June 2020
    Time: 11:00 a.m
    Register Now
    Contact
    Eldho: +919745161124
    George: +918921075923

read more
  • This webinar focuses on the Fusion360 basics and 3D modelling for the additive Manufacturing process.

Maker: Suhail
    Place: Zoom
    Date: 7th June 2020
    Time: 8:00 PM

Register here at https://forms.gle/vmW1evy4p9riFt7k7

photo_2020-06-04_23-21-04.jpg

read more
  • F

@salmanfaris best if you could point me to an example that works as described: getting different values depending on hoe close the finger is without really touching. nothing i tried did work yet

read more
  • F

@salmanfaris I haven't found a good sensor module for this at all. I used a thing which was calles touch sensor and it returns only 1/0. Tried to use touchRead() but it is not sensitive apparently, only 40 and 1 more or less.

#define touch_pin_numer 33

const int VALUE_THRESHOLD = 30;
    int TOUCH_SENSOR_VALUE;
    void setup()
    {
    Serial.begin(115200);
    delay(1000);

}
    void loop(){
    TOUCH_SENSOR_VALUE = touchRead(touch_pin_numer);
    Serial.println(TOUCH_SENSOR_VALUE);
    if(TOUCH_SENSOR_VALUE < VALUE_THRESHOLD)
    {
    Serial.println ("Touch ON");
    }
    else{
    Serial.println ("Touch OFF");
    }
    }

should show something between 40 (current max) and 1 (current min) the closer the finger gets but it shows 40/41/39 and 1 - nothing inbetween. got this code from the web

read more