PCB Design for ESP32 Stand alone module

• Hi All, i m also facing the same error. we are developing an iot device based on esp32d0wdq6 controller. we have designed a board. Now the program is not getting uploaded. the connections are
    TTL Converter 3.3v - vcc (ESP32)
    TTL Converter gnd - gnd (ESP32)
    TTL Converter TXD - RXD (ESP32)
    TTL Converter RXD - TXD (ESP32)
    GND - GPIO 0 (ESP32)
    3.3V - EN (ESP32).
    Connecting......................................____An error occurred while uploading the sketch
    _
    this is error message i m getting.

A fatal error occurred: Failed to connect to ESP32: Timed out waiting for packet header
    FYI, we are using the W25Q40CL flash ic. please help me to sort out this issue.
    Thanks in Advance !

• And having one more doubt !
    Bootloader for esp32 will present already or we need to load the bootloader code into the newly brought esp32 chip ?

• @Sharmila If you're programming the board for the first time using Arduino IDE then you need to burn the bootloader into the bare IC. I have a doubt when you said the IC is not getting programmed even though the GPIO0 is low.

I wanna know is GPIO0 low all the time or did you pull it low momentarily using a button??

• @kowshik1729 Yes i m programming the board first time using arduion. GPIO 0 is low all the time.

• @Sharmila GPIO0 must not be low all the time. It must be held low only for a moment. Because GPIO0 is a boot strap option for choosing between UART download and normal operation. Please refer to the datasheet and search boot strap. And also can you please post a snap of your newly designed board please?

• @kowshik1729 thank you for the hint ! i will check it . schematic picture of my board is given below

(freesnippingtool.com_capture_20200721122206.png)

• @kowshik1729 sorry, gpio 0 is low only till it is programmed. after that this will disconnected.

• @Sharmila Reviewed your schematics. Have the following doubts

1. Is this a USB receptacle?

4f585013-72f9-4ceb-bc72-8fa40ff32a36-image.png

1. Didn't find any option where you can pull the GPIO0 low and bring it back to normal state. Did you have a jumper connection or button between GPIO0 and GND?

1. no.
    2. we are using jumper for gpio 0th pin. please refer the below image.
      freesnippingtool.com_capture_20200721200934.png

Recent Posts

• What are objects?

Jeff Goodell: Would you explain, in simple terms, exactly what object-oriented software is?

Steve Jobs: Objects are like people. They’re living, breathing things that have knowledge inside them about how to do things and have memory inside them so they can remember things. And rather than interacting with them at a very low level, you interact with them at a very high level of abstraction, like we’re doing right here.

Here’s an example: If I’m your laundry object, you can give me your dirty clothes and send me a message that says, “Can you get my clothes laundered, please.” I happen to know where the best laundry place in San Francisco is. And I speak English, and I have dollars in my pockets. So I go out and hail a taxicab and tell the driver to take me to this place in San Francisco. I go get your clothes laundered, I jump back in the cab, I get back here. I give you your clean clothes and say, “Here are your clean clothes.”

You have no idea how I did that. You have no knowledge of the laundry place. Maybe you speak French, and you can’t even hail a taxi. You can’t pay for one, you don’t have dollars in your pocket. Yet I knew how to do all of that. And you didn’t have to know any of it. All that complexity was hidden inside of me, and we were able to interact at a very high level of abstraction. That’s what objects are. They encapsulate complexity, and the interfaces to that complexity are high level.

read more
  • This webinar is focussing on learning Git VCS, a distributed version control system for tracking changes during practical software development.

We will be exploring the usage of various git commands, plugins/extensions and branching-models based on real-world contexts.

The session is targetting absolute beginners with minimum or no experience with git, But a mindset to optimize and improve work efficiency and productivity by learning and exploring new tool-chains and strategies is a must!

Join MakerChat.

Maker: Muhammad Swalah
    Place: Zoom
    Date: 16th Aug 2020
    Time: 8:00 PM

Join MakerGram: bit.ly/join-mg

photo_2020-08-06_16-46-33.jpg

read more
  • 3D PRINTING@300x.png

read more
  • MakerGram is Live Now!

MakerChat 0x07: How to Learn Machine Learning (for Humans) by @GKS

Watch LIVE @ https://www.facebook.com/makergram/videos/736833737153967/

#MakerGramLearnings #MGLive #AI #ArtificialIntelligence #MachineLearning #Humans #MachineIntellegence #MakerChat

read more
  • @anuradhasingh426 Please check your mailbox.

read more