Call for Makers: Virtually Maker Faire – May 23, 2020
rafitc99 last edited by salmanfaris
24 Hours of Presentations, Workshops, Demos, and Exhibits Across All Time Zones
Across the world, makers have responded to shortages of medical supplies and equipment with agile designs, adaptive distributed manufacturing, and community organizing. Virtually Maker Faire will be a stage to share the projects and learn from the people behind this extraordinary civic response.
Virtually Maker Faire will take place online through video sessions and an exhibit showcase on Make: Projects
Virtually Maker Faire Tracks
- The organization of local distribution networks for pickup and delivery.
- Tools and methods used to manage volunteers and incoming requests.
- Creating awareness in government, industry and citizens; Funding models or lack thereof.
Learning and Teaching
- How are maker educators adapting to digital tools.
- Encouraging hands-on learning at home.
- Doing hands-on workshops and courses online.
- How to train more people to participate in the civic response.
Re-thinking the Future
- How the pandemic and our response to it is teaching us to think differently.
- How, where and why we do things.
- Sustainability. Food. Well-being.
Design & Production
- The development, rapid prototyping, testing, and deployment of shared * solutions. Specific projects and how they developed.
- How capacity to produce locally matters to the response.
- Iterating to meet needs and respond to feedback from health care work.
- Necessity of DIY.
- Making for fun.
- To keep one’s sanity.
- Social connections.
If you’ve been involved in the civic response for COVID-19, we want to hear from you! Tell us about your projects, share what’s going on in your community, tell us how your makerspace, FabLab, maker club or school is involved. Your stories and insight can help others. Get involved by organizing or leading a panel discussion, host a workshop or demonstration, share a presentation, or contribute a project.
salmanfaris last edited by
Now we can participate in Maker Faire Thanks for sharing
@salmanfaris ok Salman
I have applied and got the free hardware now iam confused about how to get started I don't know how to program nordic board I only have experience in Arduino boardd
Nordic Semiconductor is calling upon the Hackster community to create an innovative, human-centred, Matter-ready smart home application utilizing the nRF7002 DK or an nRF5340-based development kit. From thermostats and speakers to lights and locks, the possibilities are endless with this open standard protocol.
Have an idea for a project? Apply now a chance to receive a free nRF7002 Wi-Fi 6 Development Kit along with an nRF52840 Dongle to bring your contest submission to life.
Contest link: https://www.hackster.io/contests/makeitmatter
PCB Designing Workshop[ Malayalam] - Kerala IoT Challenge
Printed Circuit Boards are the foundational building block of most modern electronic devices. Take your first step towards the Electronic World by learning how to design your own IoT Circuit Board using Fusion360.
Speaker : @saheen_palayi
Hardware Maker Expert NASSCOM Foundation
Mentor Foxlab Makerspace