Call for Makers: Virtually Maker Faire – May 23, 2020
rafitc99 last edited by salmanfaris
24 Hours of Presentations, Workshops, Demos, and Exhibits Across All Time Zones
Across the world, makers have responded to shortages of medical supplies and equipment with agile designs, adaptive distributed manufacturing, and community organizing. Virtually Maker Faire will be a stage to share the projects and learn from the people behind this extraordinary civic response.
Virtually Maker Faire will take place online through video sessions and an exhibit showcase on Make: Projects
Virtually Maker Faire Tracks
- The organization of local distribution networks for pickup and delivery.
- Tools and methods used to manage volunteers and incoming requests.
- Creating awareness in government, industry and citizens; Funding models or lack thereof.
Learning and Teaching
- How are maker educators adapting to digital tools.
- Encouraging hands-on learning at home.
- Doing hands-on workshops and courses online.
- How to train more people to participate in the civic response.
Re-thinking the Future
- How the pandemic and our response to it is teaching us to think differently.
- How, where and why we do things.
- Sustainability. Food. Well-being.
Design & Production
- The development, rapid prototyping, testing, and deployment of shared * solutions. Specific projects and how they developed.
- How capacity to produce locally matters to the response.
- Iterating to meet needs and respond to feedback from health care work.
- Necessity of DIY.
- Making for fun.
- To keep one’s sanity.
- Social connections.
If you’ve been involved in the civic response for COVID-19, we want to hear from you! Tell us about your projects, share what’s going on in your community, tell us how your makerspace, FabLab, maker club or school is involved. Your stories and insight can help others. Get involved by organizing or leading a panel discussion, host a workshop or demonstration, share a presentation, or contribute a project.
salmanfaris last edited by
Now we can participate in Maker Faire Thanks for sharing
PCB Designing Workshop[ Malayalam] - Kerala IoT Challenge
Printed Circuit Boards are the foundational building block of most modern electronic devices. Take your first step towards the Electronic World by learning how to design your own IoT Circuit Board using Fusion360.
Speaker : @saheen_palayi
Hardware Maker Expert NASSCOM Foundation
Mentor Foxlab Makerspace
Do you have an idea to develop IoT devices that can track a cow's vital signs and aid in disease early detection?
Apply for the Internet of Cattle Challenge.
The challenge seeks solutions for various problem statements that include a system of identification for animals that helps to keep track of their health condition, possible diseases, and milk yield through genetic mapping.
Application Link: https://iotsummit.startupmission.in/innovation-challenge/
Here is the slideshow that I used for the talkIntro to Open Hardware
Feel free to share your questions.
MakerGram is talking at KochiFOSSS2022.
Join us @ KochiFOSS2022 to learn more about Open Source Hardware.
Arduino Week is a worldwide celebration of Arduino’s birthday, bringing people together to share their experiences and learn more about the open-source platform.
This year MakerGram is organizing Arduino week at Integrated Startup Complex (ISC) - KSUM, Kochi Kerala
It doesn’t matter whether you’re a maker, an engineer, a designer, a developer or an educator: Arduino Week is open to anyone who wants to celebrate the amazing things that have been created with the open-source platform.
SessionsBuild Smart Products with TinyML using Edge Impluse - MakerGram Introduction to Prototyping using Digital Fabrication - Rahul S Rajan, Fablab Kerala - KSUM New ATTiny Series - Saheen Palayi, Ubio Biotechnologies Systems. Real-Time Operating System for Microcontrollers - Rafi Rasheed.
All Are Welcome. Let's Learn and Make.
And We have exciting news for the participants too