Created board layout for Voice Assistant controller

Recent Posts

• F

@salmanfaris best if you could point me to an example that works as described: getting different values depending on hoe close the finger is without really touching. nothing i tried did work yet

read more
  • F

@salmanfaris I haven't found a good sensor module for this at all. I used a thing which was calles touch sensor and it returns only 1/0. Tried to use touchRead() but it is not sensitive apparently, only 40 and 1 more or less.

#define touch_pin_numer 33

const int VALUE_THRESHOLD = 30;
    int TOUCH_SENSOR_VALUE;
    void setup()
    {
    Serial.begin(115200);
    delay(1000);

}
    void loop(){
    TOUCH_SENSOR_VALUE = touchRead(touch_pin_numer);
    Serial.println(TOUCH_SENSOR_VALUE);
    if(TOUCH_SENSOR_VALUE < VALUE_THRESHOLD)
    {
    Serial.println ("Touch ON");
    }
    else{
    Serial.println ("Touch OFF");
    }
    }

should show something between 40 (current max) and 1 (current min) the closer the finger gets but it shows 40/41/39 and 1 - nothing inbetween. got this code from the web

read more
  • @FlorianB Can you share the code, output window/error and details of the sensor module?

read more
  • F

Hi! I am trying to add an capacitive sensor to the ESP32, that will work through glass with 3mm thickness and an distance of 8 to 2 cm. I have bought sensors which only work on touch, i have looked into the touchRead() function but cant get a steady value increase/decrease with distance and only a real touch gets me enough difference to count it as a "touch". I have checked Arduino examples with foil where a resistor can set the sensitivity but nothing worked on my ESP32. i have spent hours looking for an example, can somebody point me to one please?

read more
  • Capture.PNG

Welcome to the Second edition of MakerGram Live, a newsletter where we pull together information about Interesting projects, Industry news, upcoming events, job opportunities and other interesting bits that you may find useful. 😉

If you are a member of makergram, you already received a mail, please check your inbox or you can read from here: MakerGram Live | May 2020 Maker Update

read more